Friday, May 2, 2008

Raising Twins


I recently saw a t-shirt that read "raising twins is an extreme sport" and while there are days that I definitely feel that way, most of the time I just feel incredibly blessed to have two little boys to spend my days with.

Tomorrow they will turn 19 months and it is so interesting to watch them grow up together and begin to interact with one another (they just started to hold each others hand). Yesterday they had their twin play group over and it is very interesting to see them all together because for the most part they stick with their twin. I thought it would be fun to include some additional interesting facts about twins. For example:
  • The average number of diapers changed in the first year is between 4,532 and 6,800.

  • By the time they are potty trained, they will go through between 12,000 and 18,000 diapers.

  • Of the five types of twin births, about 40% are fraternal boy/girl, followed by girl/girl fraternal and boy/boy fraternal. Identical twins are the least common, with boy/boy identical representing the least common percentage of all twin births.
  • Many twins and multiples develop and speak a language that only they understand.

3 comments:

Jessica Baker said...

What a unique perspective you have on parenting! I love learning more about it, and grow more in awe of what you have accomplished every day I spend with my single baby!

Erickson Family said...

That is a lot of diapers. I hope that Will is changing them when he is home. Keep up the great work they are wonderful sweet little boys, and yes you are very blessed...

shiny cristobals said...

reba, since we are twins maybe we should develop a language??? lol